For sometime I have been a fan of Japanese gardens. The flow, the focal points, the stone, the water and the wonderful trees. I, along with my family, live in The Woodlands, Texas. The local environment of east Texas lends itself to a Japanese garden style with our majestic pines, as well as palms and deciduous trees, availability of powerful stone and our unique weather. I have been studying the art of Japanese gardens, as well as the art of the garden tree, and am writing this blog to discuss the growth of my own Japanese garden, as well as discuss my fondness for this ancient style.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bonsai Bougainvillea

I love the Bougainvillea bush/tree.  These draught and heat lovers are plentiful and large in southern California - in east Texas...well not so much.  We get an abundance of rain, when not in a historical draught, and the temperatures can occasionally dip below to tolerance of these plants.  Currently, I've got three of these plants in pots and containers.  Two are the size you see below and the third is larger.  I'm attempting to develop all three into a bonsai style.  Take a look at my work so far.


I know I know...I've got work to do, but the art of bonsai is not something that happens over night. Take a look at some very beautiful bonsai Bougainvillea below.


Even without the colorful "blooms" this specimen is awesome to gaze upon.


Here is another great bonsai Bougainvillea.  The idea is to make small bush/tree look mature - and the artist who created this bonsai did just that.

1 comment:

  1. Let me just state that the first picture is my plant, the other two are example. Sorry for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete