For sometime I have been a fan of Japanese gardens. The flow, the focal points, the stone, the water and the wonderful trees. I, along with my family, live in The Woodlands, Texas. The local environment of east Texas lends itself to a Japanese garden style with our majestic pines, as well as palms and deciduous trees, availability of powerful stone and our unique weather. I have been studying the art of Japanese gardens, as well as the art of the garden tree, and am writing this blog to discuss the growth of my own Japanese garden, as well as discuss my fondness for this ancient style.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bonsai - Attempt

Ok, yesterday I purchased a cheap Juniper from a local garden center.  At $8.99 I think it was a steal.  What I am going to attempt to do is train it into a Bonsai, this will of course take time.  Now the difference between a Bonsai tree, and Japanese garden tree is that one is in the ground, one is in the pot.

I will be reviewing some guidelines and techniques via http://www.bonsaiempire.com/ so wish me luck.  Below is a wonderful example of the "cascade" style of Bonsai using a Juniper.

No comments:

Post a Comment